This site is owned and operated by The Toy Barn, Blackmarsh Farm, Sherborne, DT9 4JX.
Please read carefully the following terms & conditions as they set out the basis upon which you can visit and use the toy-barn.co.uk website. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and we advise you to read through them each time that you use the site.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 the data controller is The Toy Barn Sherborne Limited, Blackmarsh Farm, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 4JX. You can contact us using this address or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- The Toy Barn Sherborne Limited (“We”) and www.toy-barn.co.uk(“our site”) is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
- The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party without your consent for commercial reasons, beyond any website traffic analytics or any essential requirement specified by law.
- As a UK based website we ensure that all personal information provided is handled in accordance with the 1998 UK Data Protection Act and we use technology that protects your information (including credit card details) from unauthorised use or access.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. This is information that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or face to face. It will include information you provide when you place an order on our website or subscribe to one of our services. The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and credit card details.
- We are committed to protecting your personal information and we will endeavour only to use or disclose personal information collected from you for the efficient delivery of our services to you and to work towards improving those services by:
- Communicating with you about your orders.
- Performing marketing and promotional activities.
- Understanding the interests and buying behaviour of our website users and visitors.
- Disclosing your personal information on a need to know basis to agents that we use to help us improve our service to you and to process orders placed by you (for example credit card companies) or any appropriate investigative third party if we believe you may be involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law.
- Transferring your personal information to other companies in the same group of companies as the Toy Barn or to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets of The Toy Barn, this is because our data forms part of our assets, whether by merger acquisition reorganisation or otherwise.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further information about GDPR please refer to the ICO website
INFORMATION WE HOLD FOR MARKETING PURPOSES:
- If you have shopped with us, we hold your name, address and purchase history for marketing purposes.
- If you have requested to receive our email newsletters we only hold your name and email address. To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email and you will be opted out of all email communications. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with unsubscribe in the subject field. If you prefer to write to us instead, please use the following address: The Toy Barn, Blackmarsh Farm, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 4JX
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to the Toy Barn. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it, in part or in whole, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the prior permission of the Toy Barn. You may not modify, adapt, alter, distribute or create derivative works of or from this website, in whole or in part.
Links to Third Party Websites
Accuracy of Content
We have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that the information provided within this website is accurate; in particular that prices shown are correct at the time of publishing and that all items have been fairly described. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT (if applicable) but exclusive of delivery charges. Whilst all reasonable effort has been taken to display colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your monitorճ display will accurately reflect this.
Limitation of Liability
We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you arising directly or indirectly as a result of your use of this website or of the information provided within this website save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability in relation to any damages arising from death or personal injury resulting from your use of this website to the extent caused by the negligence of the Toy Barn.
Damage to your Computer
We make all reasonable effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects. However, we cannot guarantee that use of this website or of any third party websites accessed through it, will not damage your computer or files programmes and information stored on your computer and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage to your computer files programmes or information arising as a result of your use of this website.
It is your responsibility that you ensure that all information with regards to your account is kept confidential. We shall not accept responsibility for any loss or damage as a result of you not keeping all such information confidential.
You must not submit any messages to the site that are defamatory, offensive, menacing, abusive, obscene, racist, or likely to cause nuisance, offence or embarrassment, damage or inconvenience to either us or our customers, or are in any other way objectionable or illegal. We retain the right to reject any order you may place and remove any such comments from any order placed by you.
Suspension of site
We reserve the right to suspend your use of the website at any time to perform essential maintenance, change details and to remove any inaccurate or unauthorised material, and also to terminate your use of the website if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
Jurisdiction of site
This website, its content and any contracts arising out of it are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By entering into a contract with the Toy Barn you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.